Harry Stone is part of the Dallas ISD Magnet School system, offering pre-Kindergarten thru 8th grade.
For pre-Kindergarten thru 5th grade, Harry Stone is Montessori method. Some key concepts of the Montessori method include:
- To foster competent, responsible, adaptive citizens who are lifelong learners and problem solvers;
- To learn in a cooperative, nurturing atmosphere where students increase their own knowledge through self- and teacher-initiated experiences;
- That learning takes place through the senses by manipulating materials;
- The individual is considered as a whole. The physical, emotional, social, aesthetic, spiritual and cognitive needs are inseparable and equally important;
- Respect and caring attitudes for oneself, others, the environment and all life are necessary
IB Middle Years Program
For the 6th thru 8th grades, Harry Stone follows a complementary education process, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP).
The MYP is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world.
For more information on the IB Middle Years Program, see the IB MYP site
Applying to Harry Stone
Harry Stone accepts students enter pre-K thru 8th grade, based on the number of available slots each year.
Visit the school’s page on the Dallas ISD site for more information.
School location: 4747 Veterans Drive, Dallas, TX 75216